Gift guide

The Best Old Map Gifts

A personalised old map is the perfect gift for almost every occasion - Christmas, housewarming, first wedding anniversary...
Free worldwide delivery
Handmade in Australia
The Unique Maps Co. makes maps in Australia and in 22 other countries around the world.
Fast free delivery, reduced CO2 emissions, no import duty, and your map always arrives in perfect condition.
Learn more

Why you should give someone an old map

Old maps are perfect gifts. Not sure what to get someone? Just buy them an old map of where they were born, where they live, or where they work.

For that special someone on Valentine's Day or your first "paper anniversary", consider getting a large, personalised old map of where you first met, or where you live today.

For Christmas, consider buying your dad a map of his hometown, with his childhood house marked on the map. Or for a friend, how about a map of their favourite holiday destination?

If you need your gift to arrive by a certain date, please check my delivery info page.

Foolproof gifts

You can't go wrong with one of these old maps. A personalised old or modern map of someone's hometown always goes down well.

If you're looking for something more romantic for Valentine's Day, how about a map of where you first met, got engaged, or married?

Or, how about a horse or dog world map that has been personalised with an illustration of their beloved animal companion?

Map gifts for discerning dads

Did you know that about 90% of dads love old maps? And the remaining 10% love old maps - they just don't know it yet.

Map gifts for Londoners

London is probably the most mapped city in the world - and Londoners simply love maps. What a happy coincidence. I have hundreds of London maps, so make sure you check my complete collection for all my borough and postcode maps.

Map gifts for history geeks

Do you know someone who already owns a few maps? Or maybe they're always telling you about how civilisation peaked during the Roman Empire? Then pick one of these maps.

Map gifts for globetrotters

And finally, a selection of old maps for people who people who are always booking their next far-flung holiday or citybreak.

Still looking for inspiration? Check out my complete map collection, or just start searching below!

Personalisation & customisation

When you buy a map from The Unique Maps Co., you have the option of making it truly unique with my personalisation and customisation services.

I can make you a custom map centred on a specific house. I take real old maps, restore them, cut them up, and join them together again to make a map just for you.

Or I can personalise a map to add a message, or mark a house, or add the logo of your dad's favourite football team.

Take a look at the example below. You can slide it back and forth to see the personalisation.